Wednesday, February 26, 2014



LESSON 5.    PROQUEST



1. I did a basic search in Proquest  and for my search term I put in Mob Wives, not only because I like the Television Show but also because I am also interested in why one would chose to be in that type of lifestyle.
While a lot of my searches did turn up articles about the actual television show there were also Dissertations and Thesis, Magazines, Scholarly Journals, Trade Journals, and Newspaper articles. You can narrow your results by clicking on any the options available, and I must say that our students use this resource all the time.
They love it.
Side note, I did find a interesting book to look into from a trade journal called The Booklist, the book was entitled  "No Questions Asked, The Secret Life of Women in the Mob."


1a. By randomly picking one or two fellow bloggers the first thing I noticed was how others write compared to myself. They seem to be more precise in there writing where I tend to ramble, which is actually really like myself.


2. I typed in Library and got 41 publications and found many that I will definitely go back through and look more carefully at.

No comments:

Post a Comment