Tuesday, January 14, 2014




Lesson 1.
World Book Kids

My first blog I misread the instructions now after looking more carefully at the following question I have chosen a different topic.
Today's blog is about Dogs. I am an avid lover of animals, Dogs especially I own 1 and I also have 1 Cat, who I equally affectionate for.
Dogs are the first animal tamed by people, at first people used dogs for protection or as work dogs, they trained the dogs to herd other animals and to help in hunting.
Today the majority of people feel and treat their dogs and other animals as members of their own family. Which is kind of ironic because all dogs descend from wolves which are pack animals.
There are many different types of dogs today.



Lesson 2.
World Book School Edition

For this lesson I chose an animal that I know very well, and that is one of a Cardigan Welsh Corgi, this is the kind of dog that I own.
They are a small strong breed of dog, when first breed they were used to herd cattle by nipping at their feet,
my own dog does this not to cattle but to me, to make sure I am going where she wants me to go.
The word Corgi comes from two Welsh words that mean dwarf dog, they have a fox-like appearance with large ears and a long bushy tail, and a rough coat.
They are on average about 12 inches tall, and usually weigh about 26-34 pounds, although, mine probably weighs about 40 to 50 pounds, maybe not that much but she is a bit chubby.

1 comment:

  1. Corgis are such cute dogs! I take it that you found "Corgi" in World Book Student or InfoFinder. Take time to dig into the special features on the home pages of the World Book modules--lots of fun, enriching stuff! Thanks for your comments.

    ReplyDelete